This braided faux-hawk updo is perfect for a day at the office, Sunday brunch, or even a night on the town. This sophisticated, elegant braid is a quirky twist on the faux-hawk you never thought you could pull off. Not only does this updo get your hair away from your face, but it can add a little flair to any outfit you pair it with. The hairstyle may look a little difficult, but we promise that anyone can do this look, even if you can't braid.
Before getting started, you'll want to grab a teasing comb, clear elastic hair ties, a few bobby pins, and some medium-hold hairspray.
1. Part a small triangle section at your hairline, and tease it at your roots. Secure with a clear elastic. Clip this ponytail out of the way.
2. Part off a second section starting at your temples. Secure it with a clear elastic.
3. Split the top ponytail into two even sections. Clip the bottom ponytail to the top of your head with the sections on either side.
4. Part off a third section at the top of your ears. Secure it in a ponytail, incorporating both sections of the first ponytail. Again, you will have two ponytails.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you have incorporated all of your hair.
6. When you run out of hair to incorporate, split the top ponytail into two even sections. Clip the bottom ponytail out of the way.
7. Secure both sections of hair underneath the clipped ponytail.
8. Repeat step 6 until you have run out of hair. Secure it with an elastic.
9. Roll the length of your hair under, and bobby pin it in place.
10. Pull gently on either side of the "braid" for maximum volume. Finish with medium-hold hairspray.
So, go on, take the leap, turn some heads, and try this one-of-a-kind hairstyle.