Scour the Internet and you'll find plenty of tutorials for mermaid braids of all sorts, but the one thing they all have in common is a single wide braid that would look stunning worn straight down the back or flipped over a shoulder. This beautiful fishtail and French braid combo may look intricate, but once you get the hang of the technique, you'll be able to whip up this pretty style with ease. Here's how to do it:
1. Pick up two strands of hair from the top of the head close to the hairline.
2. Take a small piece of hair from the right strand, and incorporate it with the left strand.
3. Now do the same on the other side. Take a small piece of hair from the left strand, and incorporate it with the right strand.
4. Take a piece of hair from the right strand, and incorporate with the left strand. Then add a piece of hair from along the hairline on your right side, and incorporate that hair also with the left side. Repeat, alternating sides. Continue adding hair from the hairline.
5. When you have braided your way down to the neck, the technique continues the same way: Incorporate hair first from the right side of the braid with the left, and then add hair and incorporate it also with the left side. The difference is that now the hair you are addding should come from under your braid.
6. When you have finished your braiding all the way down, wait to secure the braid until you have pulled on the sides a bit for more volume. Secure the braid with a small elastic.
Now you have a beautiful fishtail mermaid braid! For more fab braids from Ulrika, go to Yet Another Beauty Site.