On those days when a breezy updo is just what you need, this twisted crown braid is perfect. This variation is easy to make—even on yourself. Follow these steps to re-create the look.
1. Move most of your front hair over to one side.
2. Pick up two small pieces of hair at the hairline.
3. Twist them so the top piece moves to the bottom and the bottom moves to the top.
4. Add some hair to the lower strand.
5. Twist them again. This is the technique you'll use all around your head, adding some hair to the lower strand, then changing position. Try to keep the twisted hair rather tight and not too loose.
6. When you reach the other side, continue for as long as you have hair left to incorporate.
7. Then make a rope braid with the end of the hair. Twist your two strands to the left and then around each other to the right.
8. Secure the end with a small elastic. Hide the end under the hair and secure with bobby pins. Pull on the twisted hair if you want more volume.
For more tutorials from Ulrika, go to Yet Another Beauty Site.