Fall is in the air and that means it’s time to make your ho-hum hair look seasonally fabulous, and what better way to do it than with a totally on-trend braided look! This hairstyle walked the catwalk of the Rodarte fall/winter 2013 show last February so it’s right on trend for this season. You can get this runway-worthy style in a matter of minutes. It looks particularly good on mid- to long-length hair and works for any hair texture.
Follow these step-by-step directions to recreate this look:
- Start off by curling your hair with a 1 1/2-inch curling iron to add texture and shape. Then spray your hair with a medium hold hairspray. I love using Label M. Run your fingers through your hair to give it a soft wavy texture.
- Take a 1- to 2-inch section from the front of your head on one side of your head and braid it toward the back. Hold that braid in place with an elastic and repeat on the opposite side. Connect the braids together and secure with an elastic.
- Now wrap the loose ends of your braids utilizing a simple bun technique. You want to create a "rose" like shape; it's supposed to look a little messy.
- Directly under the "rose" create a third braid going down the hair and secure the ends with an elastic.
- Lightly mist your hair with a medium hold hairspray to finish.
Fore more hair tutorials from Jenny visit Confessions of a Hairstylist.
Photo courtesy of Rodarte.