Braids have such a casual, chic style to them and this one is the perfect look when you want to dress up the classic. It's even better with second-day hair, because it gives a bit of texture to the style. Follow these easy steps to recreate this beautiful braided hairstyle.
1. Take two small sections of hair close to the front of the face. Braid each of the sections in a classic three-stand braid, pulling the hair back as you braid each section. Secure each with an elastic.
2. Lift up some hair in the back and tuck the braids under.
3. Secure the braids with two bobby pins crossing each for extra hold. Remove the two elastics from the braids. Release the hair to cover where you secured the braids.
5. Create a loose French braid, making sure the ends of your small braided strands are part of the hair you're picking up as you work your way down. Secure the ends with an elastic.
6. Gently tug on the braid to create more volume and texture. Finish with a spritz of hairspray to help hold the style.
Now you have a cute braided hairstyle—fast and easy!
For more hair how-tos from Ulrika, go to Yet Another Beauty Site.