This look works especially well for all my mid-length gals out there. I’m going to show you an easy way to achieve this finger wave look at home. All you need is a clipless curling iron, duckbill clips, and hairspray.
Follow my easy step-by-step directions so you too can be glamorous this holiday season.
- Start off working a spray gel or a mousse through your damp hair before you blow dry for volume and hold.
- Section the hair for curling, starting in the back and curling 1- to 2-inch sections at a time. If your hair is resistant to curl, use a medium hold hairspray before curling each section. Using a clipless curling iron—I recommend an Enzo Milano Curl Stick—point the tip down and wrap the hair around the curling wand. Hold for 3 to 5 seconds and release. You want to make sure that you curl your hair the same direction all over your head.
- Continue curling your hair from the back up to the top of the head, again curling the hair the same direction. Once the hair is fully curled, lightly comb out.
- Where your curl dips in and creates an S-like shape, clip the hair in place with a duck bill clip. Do this all over your head to really secure that wavy shape. This will allow the hair to set, and create glamorous finger waves.
- Finish off this look by applying a firm hold hairspray and your done!