Are you dreaming of gorgeous, voluminous locks for the holidays? Who isn’t! We all crave a beautiful, full head of hair like the gorgeous locks on Blake Lively. But Blake doesn’t have to be the only one with red carpet-worthy curls this season. With my help, you can create this glamorous, old-Hollywood hairstyle at home. It’s time to take your curls from ordinary to extraordinary in just a few easy steps.
Helga Esteb / Shutterstock.com
- To pull off these glorious glamor waves, you need to start off with a good blow dry. The key is to apply a root lifter and volumizing mousse like this one by Label M from roots to ends before drying. These types of products will help give you the fullness you need to achieve this look and hold your hair in place all night long. Once you've worked in the root lifter and mousse, create a deep side part and completely dry your hair.
- Spilt your hair into two sections, a top half and a bottom half. Clip the top half up. Start with the bottom section and take a 1- to 2-inch piece of hair. Holding the curling iron horizontally, curl the hair with a 1¼-inch curling iron. If you hair is resistant to curl, try using a 1-inch curling iron. Make sure all of the hair goes into the curling iron clip. Let it sit there for a couple of seconds and release.
- After releasing the curl, take a pin curl clip and coil the curl in a ring. Clip the curl at the root. This will allow the curl to set and cool so you to get tons of volume at the root. Repeat this technique throughout your hair, until you get to the top section.
- To tackle the top, take horizontal sections starting the crown, and curl the hair going away from the face on each side. Continue to pin your curls into place with a pin curl clip. Repeat this technique throughout the rest of the top section.
- Spritz your hair with a medium-hold hairspray and let it set for five minutes.
- Once your hair has cooled, release all the pin curl clips and lightly brush out your hair with a bristle brush. Your hair should naturally fall into an S-like shape.
- Where your S-like shape dips in, clip the hair in place with a duck bill clip. Do this all over your head to really secure that wavy shape. Spritz your hair with a medium-hold hairspray and let the clips sit for a few minutes before releasing. For a little extra volume at the roots, lift the root area in front of the face with a rat tail comb and spray.
- Finish this look off with a shine spray for an ultimate glossy glamorous look. I like this one by Label M.