A sock bun is really the perfect solution when you want an updo but don't have the hair length or have thin hair that doesn't create a bun with much substance on its own. This super cheap and easy trick to bulking up a bun works for anyone. Give it a try!
- Find a sock (preferably a clean sock!) close to your hair color. Sorry cute, pink, stripey sock! You just won't work!
- Cut the toes out of the sock so that it makes a tube.
- Roll the sock up so it looks like a doughnut.
- Pull your hair up into a ponytail. It can be low, high, to the side or anywhere you want!
- Pull your ponytail through the center of the sock doughnut until the sock is at the base.
- Split your ponytail so that it's covering the sock in every direction.
- Use an elastic to secure the hair around the sock.
- Tuck/pin the loose hairs around the bun.
Enjoy the massive bun envy you are giving everyone around you!