We all know washing our hair too much can be bad for us, but what are we supposed to do on those days when our locks just feel limp and lackluster? This pretty, voluminous ponytail, that's what! All you need to cure your second (or third, or fourth) day hair blues is a little bit of dry shampoo and teasing. Hairstylist Kathleen Pothast walks us through the steps to get this gorgeous ponytail that can work for a casual Friday at the office, or a last-minute date night with your love. No matter where you wear this easy look, it's sure to impress. No more boring, basic ponytails when you can get this glamorous version with just a tiny bit more effort.
Follow these steps:
1. Prep your hair with dry shampoo. Use second-day curls or add some loose waves to the ends of your hair with a curling iron.
2. Use texturizing spray and backcomb the roots of your hair. We used Kevin Murphy Powder Puff Volumizing Powder, $32.49.
3. Make a part from ear to ear and backcomb some more. Gather the bottom section of hair and secure it with an elastic at your desired ponytail height.
4. Smooth out the backcombing and secure the top section of hair loosely around the ponytail with bobby pins.
5. Lightly backcomb the base of the ponytail and finish with a dry texture spray. Use the end of a rat-tail comb or a pencil to lightly loosen the secured hair and add volume. Finish with a light hairspray.
And you're done! Wear that second-day hair with pride.