Tired of your old ponytail? This licorice braid in a high ponytail is a great way to spice up an everyday hairstyle. It´s fast and easy and looks great. It´s also a perfect hairstyle for summer when you want your hair out of the way. Follow the easy steps below to achieve the look:
1. Put your hair in a high ponytail.
2. Divide your ponytail into two pieces.
3. Take one of the pieces and divide it into two pieces.
4. Now create a rope braid. Start by twisting the two pieces in the same direction all the way down; for example, here I´m twisting them to the right. Then twist them around each other in the opposite direction, in this case, to the left.
5. Continue the same way all the way down, and secure with a temporary elastic.
6. Do the same with the second piece of the ponytail.
7. Now take the two rope braids, and twist them around each other to the left.
8. Continue twisting to the left all the way down. Remove the two elastics, and secure the braids together with one elastic. You have created a licorice braid!
For more tutorials like this, visit Ulrika at Yet Another Beauty Site.