Who doesn´t love braids? They are pretty, chic, easy to wear, and they never go out of style. Still, you might be getting tired of the same old braids all the time. If you've already mastered the standard three-strand and fishtail braids, then you're ready to take the next step. Challenge yourself a bit with this pull-through stacked braid. It's super-cute and sure to impress! Wear it with a cute dress for a feminine look, or pair it with formal wear. If your hair is not long or thick enough, try using some clip-in extensions to add length and volume.
You'll need hair extensions if desired, a ponytail elastic, a sturdy hair clip, a bunch of clear elastics, and a bobby pin or two to get started. Just follow these steps to get a new braid to show off!
1. Put your hair in a low ponytail, and cover the elastic with a small section of hair from your ponytail. Secure with a bobby pin.
2. Take a small section of hair from the top of the ponytail, and clip it away for later.
3. Divide the hair below the ponytail knot into two parts. Use a small clear elastic to secure the upper part about an inch or so below the first elastic.
4. Make a little hole in the section of hair between elastics, and grab the hair that is under it.
5. Pull it through the hole.
6. Take another small section of hair from the top of the ponytail, and clip it away for later.
7. Again, secure the top ponytail of the cascading hair with a clear elastic about an inch from the elastic. Then, make a hole, grab the hair underneath it, and pull through. Clip away a small section of hair and continue in the same manner all the way down your ponytail.
8. Finally, release all the hair you clipped away, and make a small three-strand braid on top of the pull-through braid, incorporating hair as you braid down. Secure the whole braid with a small elastic, and use a small section of hair to cover the elastic.
For more tutorials like this, visit Ulrika at Yet Another Beauty Site!