1. After you wash your hair, towel dry and comb through it.
2. Spray some volumizing product on your hair, concentrating on the roots. I used Luxurious Volume by John Frieda.
3. Blow dry your hair upside down to add volume.
4. Next, blow dry your hair straight with a round brush. Using the round brush will also add volume your roots. Blow dry your hair until it´s completely dry.
5. Make a side part.
6. Now make a part just in front of your ear. Do the same on the other side.
7. Clip the hair out of the way.
8. Backcomb the crown area.
9. Use hairspray to make the backcombing stay in place.
10. Backcomb one more section under the first one you’ve already backcombed.
11. Smooth out the surface gently.
12. Create a bump and secure it temporarily.
13. Release the front section of your hair.
14. Gather all the hair in the back of your head.
15. Carefully remove the pins that kept the bump secured. Make sure the bump keeps its volume. Smooth out any misplaced hair.
16. Secure the ponytail with an elastic band.
17. Take a piece of hair and wrap it around your ponytail to cover the elastic band. Secure it with a bobby pin.
18. Finally curl the ponytail. Use a medium- to large-barrel curling iron depending on the length of your hair. Curl all of the hair in the ponytail it in the same direction. When the hair has cooled down help the curls to form one big curly ponytail.
Find more hair inspiration from Ulrika at Yet Another Beauty Site.
Runway hair photo courtesy of John Frieda.