If you're looking for a new hairstyle you can easily slip into your beauty routine, look no further than this ultra-chic, vintage-glam ponytail. It's simple enough to make the rounds during your typical workweek, but flirty enough for date night. All you need is a ponytail, some texturizing spray, a comb, and a curling iron. This look can be done on straight or wavy hair, and works best on medium to long hair lengths.
Follow these six steps:
1. Prep hair for styling by using a texturizing spray. If you have fine, limp hair, a volumizing mousse can help add body. We used Kevin Murphy Hair Resort Resort Spray, $27.50.
2. Add a weightless oil to the ends of your hair to prevent frizz.
3. Comb hair into an extreme, low side part over the ear; almost so it looks like a comb over (except way better than an actual comb over).
4. Lightly backcomb the roots of the hair.
5. Pull your hair into a low ponytail. Leave the hair across your forehead loose for a windswept '60s look. Use an elastic band to secure the ponytail, and pull some pieces out around your face for a more casual feel.
6. Split the ponytail into three sections and curl each one using a large-barreled curling wand, then finger comb. Finish with a light mist of hairspray to hold.
And you're done! Pair this with a fun, fit and flare dress for a vibe that hold true to the '60's roots, or a long cardigan and ripped jeans for a sexy, surprising mix of old glamour and modern tastes.