It seems like whenever I have a client who wants a stylish updo for an event and has some pictures she has brought for inspiration, it's a Carrie Underwood look. The girl knows how to rock a good updo! For the holidays, I've broken down one of her most popular updos into easy-to-follow, failproof steps. These tips and tricks will get you ready for your next holiday soiree.
1. The easiest way to re-create this Carrie Underwood updo is to create four ponytails at the back of your head. Wrap the ponytail on the right side of your head with the ponytail right next to it, creating a rope braid. This technique will keep strands in place and help to create volume (while allowing you to create a rear-facing style on your own head).
2. Twist your rope braid to form a bun, and secure it in place with several bobby pins.
3. Repeat with the remaining two ponytails on the left side of your head.
4. Unify both buns by blending strands with hairpins.
5. If you have bangs or front fringe, tease at the root in the direction where you want your hair to lay and comb out any obviously teased hair to create a smooth side bang.
6. Secure with hairspray, and you're ready to party!