Are you a short-haired gal frustrated with trying to find a way to style your hair for the holidays? No need to scour the Internet for the perfect holiday look, I have you covered. I chose to break down Jaime King's look because it’s a romantically tousled and trendy style that is flattering for you bob-baring ladies. This look works especially well for women who have a bit of layering.
Follow my step-by-step directions below to create this gorgeous side-styled updo.
- Start with dry hair. If you hair is resistant to being curled with a curling iron, work in some lightweight mousse for hold and texture and blow dry.
- Create a severe side part on your desired side. Starting at the nape of the neck, clip most of your hair up leaving out the bottom layer. Hairspray that section with a medium hold hairspray.
- Working in 1- to 2-inch sections, curl your hair with a 1-inch curling iron. It's important to curl your hair in the same direction all the way around your head.
- Continue to unclip layers of hair. Repeat the hairspray and curling technique, continuing up the entire head of hair. Once the hair is completely curled, lightly brush it out with your fingers.
- Clip away a large off-center triangle section of hair, from your crown down to below eye level and at your severe side parting.
- Lightly tease the hair below your triangle section and sweep over to the side toward the part and gather in a low side pony at the nape of your neck.
- Take the ends of your hair out of the pony and wrap them around your ponytail creating a bun and secure the bun with bobby pins.
- Drop the top triangle section out and let the hair fall down. If you have some longer pieces hanging down, feel free to pin some pieces up into your side bun.
- Finish this look off by using a firm-hold hairspray.