This DIY birdcage veil allows for wearing a no-fuss, sophisticated wedding hairstyle. I love the look with an easy, classic French twist. It's a great alternative for brides with medium length hair. Here's how to get this look.
1. Give your hair some texture. Use a medium-sized–barrel curling iron and curl hair away from your face. Follow up with hairspray to lock in curl and allow for hair to be more pliable during styling.
2. Part your hair into three sections consisting of left side, right side, and back.
3. Gather the back portion of your hair into a French twist by making a pony tail near the nape of the neck, lifting the pony tail and tucking it into the fold of the twist. Secure hold and volume by pinning with bobby pins.
4. Tease the remaining hair on each side to add volume, allowing for the hair to drape the sides of the head in a flattering way when pinned backward. Pin the hair on the right side under the twist.
5. Smooth the left third of the hair over the twist and secure with bobby pins.
6. Style face-framing fringe with a little extra curl using your medium-size–barrel curling iron.
7. Anchor the birdcage veil netting on one side; then drape the netting over the face (being watchful of the eyes and lashes) and secure the remaining portion of the net on the other side. Fasten an accent piece to secure the placement of the veil. With birdcage veils, you can either leave them unadorned, or dress them up with florals, feathers or accent pieces.
Here's a Pin-able version with all the steps and a finished shot. Isn't she lovely?
For more hairstyles by Maritza, go to Beauty for Bloggers. Photography by Lindsey Humes of White Oak Creative/The Garden Apt. Modeling by Monica Modzelewski of Caravan of Style. Birdcage Veil Accessory by Tigerlilly.