This eye look puts the emphasis on the lids while keeping the crease area and outside corners dark and smoky. I love this glittery NYE eye look because you don’t have to choose between gold and silver. It’s a mixed metal glitter look with both so you can accent with gold or silver accessories. I just mixed even amounts of gold and silver glitter to create the perfectly festive color.
Check out the video tutorial below to create this look.
The products I used to create this look are:
- Sephora Contour Eye Pencil 12Hr Wear in Black Lace
- e.l.f. C Brush
- Urban Decay’s Half Baked
- Stila’s Eye Shadow in Ebony
- NYX Cosmetics Glitter Mania
- Sally Gal Gel Glitter Adhesive or Too Faced Glitter Glue
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper
- Eyeko Curvy Brush Mascara
- Day Night and Glam Lash Set
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip in 3C
- Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Creme Brulee
- Stila Lip Glaze in Apricot
Step-by-step directions for this NYE glitter make look:
- Sketch a soft black eyeliner along the outer corner of the eye, following the natural shape of your eye. I’m using Sephora Contour Eye Pencil 12Hr Wear in Black Lace.
- Use a synthetic brush to blend out the liner, bringing it into the crease and onto the entire lid. This will form a base for the rest of your shadow. I’m blending with the e.l.f. C Brush.
- Use a metallic gold powder shadow and press over the entire lid, but not covering the black liner in the crease and outer corner. Urban Decay’s Half Baked is a great gold.
- Use a matte black shadow to deepen the outer corner and crease. Blend liberally with a blending brush. Stila’s Eye Shadow in Ebony is an awesome matte black shade.
- Mix equal amounts of gold and silver glitter with a gel glitter adhesive. I have great luck with NYX Cosmetics Glitter Mania cosmetic glitters though they are becoming harder to get your hands on. I used Sally Gal Gel Glitter Adhesive but Too Faced Glitter Glue is great too! Press onto the lids, working in layers and really building up the glitter.
- Use a black pencil liner to line the inner rim and smudge along the lower lash line.
- Use a black liquid liner to liner the upper lash line and form a slight wing at the corner. One of my favorite liquid liners is Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper.
- Apply mascara to bottom and top lashes. I’m using Eyeko Curvy Brush Mascara.
- Apply a set of demi lashes to the outer corners. These are far more comfortable for a night’s wear, 100 times easier to apply, and create a beautifully elongated eye shape. My eyes are very round so this style of lashes really helps to correct that. This Day Night and Glam Lash Set has an awesome half lash set.
- Line lips with a a nude lip liner. Lining first will anchor your lip color and if your lipstick wears away, you’ll still have color below. I use Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip in 3C often.
- Apply a nude lip color like Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Creme Brulee.
- Top your lips with a light gloss like Stila Lip Glaze in Apricot. New Year's Eve is your time to shine!
For more makeup tips from Ivy visit Wake Up For Makeup.