Popularized by super fabulous drag queens, a cut crease is a sharply-defined, exaggerated eye crease shape, mostly commonly done with eyeliner and blended out. Although it looks complicated, and definitely takes a little practice, when broken down, this cut crease tutorial makes it quite simple and can make a small eye actually look larger. This would be a great look for a bachelorette party or a night out dancing.
To create this look, you'll need the following products:
- Pale, shimmery vanilla eye shadow like Urban Decay Virgin from the Naked Palette.
- Black cream or gel eyeliner like Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eyeliner in Deep Black.
- Black eye shadow like Urban Decay Creep from the Naked Palette.
- Burgundy or purple matte eye shadow like MAC Blackberry.
- Black liquid eyeliner like Kat Von D Tattoo liner in Trooper.
- Maybelline Lash Discovery waterproof mascara.
- L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes mascara.
- Optional: Set of false lashes like e.l.f. Natural Lash Kit.
Also, the following tools will make the process much easier for you:
- Flat shader brush for applying lid color like Sephora Pro Shader Brush #18.
- Smudge brush like Sephora Classic Smudge Brush.
- Synthetic, angled liner brush like e.l.f. Studio Small Angled Brush.
- Small crease brush like Sephora Classic Crease Shadow Brush.
- Pencil brush like Sephora Pro Precision Smudge Brush #29.
Ready to cut those creases ladies? Let’s do the damn thing:
- Begin with primed eyelids and pat the shimmery vanilla shade all over the lid with your flat shader brush.
- Take your angled liner brush and draw a thin line of gel or cream liner just above your natural crease, winging it out at the end slightly.
- Immediately smudge and blend the line upwards with a dense smudge brush dipped in black shadow.
- Follow with a matte burgundy or purple shadow on a small crease brush, blending upwards toward the brow.
- Reinforce your original crease line by going back over with the gel or cream liner.
- Create a dramatic winged cat eye line with liquid liner.
- Apply a burgundy or purple shade to the lower lash line and follow with mascara.
- Coat your top and bottom lashes with mascara.
- Apply a set of false lashes if desired.
- Be awesome and fabulous and rule the world.
Watch the video below to see how to create a cut crease eye.
For more makeup inspiration from Ivy go to Wake Up For Makeup!