I like white liner when paired with another color for contrast. You can also wear white liner in the waterline, just at the inner corner, or flicked above just the tail of your regular black winged liner. Here's what I did to get the look I'm wearing:
- Begin with a neutral palette, creating a softly defined eye with warm browns like those found in Urban Decay's Naked 1 palette. I chose Naked in the crease, Sin on the lid, and Smog blended from the outer corner.
- Use a white liquid liner for the boldest look. I am using Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Snow to create a crisp cat eye.
- Use a black pencil liner to line the inner rim. Using white here could be too severe with the white on top. Plus, this adds some nice contrast.
- Use a black liquid liner like NYX Super Skinny Eye Maker in Carbon to create a sharp line from the outer corner of the lower lid, parallel to your white liner on top.
- Apply a generous coat of a lengthening mascara like Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes to top and bottom lashes. With white liner, it's crucial that the lashes stand out against the white.
- Complete your look with a peachy gloss like Benefit's Coralista or a matte pink like NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Paimpol for retro appeal.
Have fun experimenting with this trend!
For more makeup tips and inspiration from Ivy, go to Wake Up for Makeup.