New Year's Eve is a night you want to to get noticed and your blah, everyday makeup look just won't cut it. This shimmery look is anything but boring, but it's a super easy technique. Even an eye shadow novice can pull off this one!
- Start the look with a primed lid. This will keep your shadow in place and sparkling all night long. Just use your fingers to dab a shadow primer on to each lid, blending evenly.
- Use a blending brush to pick up a light purple shadow like and blend the shadow inward and to the crease. Apply the same shadow along the lower lash line.
- Accent the outer corner of the eye with a dark purple shadow to add more dimension to the look.
- Next, use a matte vanilla shade to highlight your brow bone. Brush a sparkling champagne shade in the inner corner of your eye to bring light to the spot.
- Use a black pencil to line your top lash line, smoking it out with a smudge brush. Then line your lower lash line with the eyeliner left on the brush. You want that lower line to look soft and smudgy.
- Next is the fun part—glitter! Pat glitter adhesive on the middle and outer corner of each eyelid. Then dip your finger into cosmetic glitter and dab it onto the adhesive. Cosmetic glitter is more finely ground and safer for the eye than craft glitter. Please don't put craft glitter on your eyelid! Stray glitter pieces could fall into your eye and scratch it and no amount of makeup will make that look pretty.
- Put a coat of mascara on your lashes. Add a line of lash glue to your falsies and while you're waiting for the glue to get tacky, curl your real lashes. Apply your false lashes getting them as close to your natural lash line as possible.
- Finish off your look with a swipe of pinky nude lip color. Then dab shiny gloss in the center of your lips and enjoy your full pout and sparkling eyes!