Holiday parties demand an attention-grabbing makeup look, and you’re guaranteed to turn heads with this shimmery take on the smoky eye. Silver shadows look particularly good on medium to dark skin tones, but don’t think that means you pale blondies can’t give it a try! Silver shadow on someone with a fair skin tone would have an icy effect, perfect for cold-weather celebrations.
- Start this sexy eye look with an eye shadow primer to keep the shadow from creasing and help colors stay bright. Even when the shadow you’re using isn’t a bright color, a primer will keep the shadow from drifting as the night wears on.
- Next blend a warm brown color into the crease. Then add a pop of a sparkling silver shadow on the lid.
- Create the smoky effect by brushing a sparkling black shadow on the outer corner and blending it to your crease. Use a tissue placed under your eye to catch any falling shadow.
- Continue the smoky look by smudging black pencil liner under your lash line. Next create a cat-eye effect on your top lash line with a black liquid liner. If you’re a newbie to liquid liner, you’re going to love it! It takes a bit of practice, but there’s nothing like liquid liner when you want a really clean, crisp line.
- Curl your natural lashes and swipe on mascara before adding falsies for extra drama.
- Finally, keep the focus on the eye with a nude lip topped with a nude gloss, and you're ready to ring in the New Year!