Eyeliner will be in full bloom this spring thanks to all the exciting and colorful eye makeup looks we saw on the runway. I'm excited to see the beauty aisles brimming with new colors, formulations, and finishes. So swipe on one of these new spring colored eyeliner, and you'll be right on trend in seconds!
Cobalts and turquoise and periwinkles: Oh my! Try a turquoise on your lower lash line like the models at Marc Jacobs wore or add a baby blue/periwinkle in the water line like the girls at Creatures of the Wind. Blue liners make the whites of your eyes look brighter and provide an especially vivid contrast to brown eyes. These are some of my favorite new blues.
- Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Cobalt
- Sephora Collection Colorful Waterproof Eyeliner in Surfin USA
- Boots No7 Stay Precise Liquid Eye Liner in Sky High
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Periwinkle
Can you believe it? I used to think anything pink around the eye would make me look like a bunny rabbit or like I have an eye infection. But choose the right color, and you'll look amazing. The secret? Choose a cool-toned pink with blue undertones rather than a warm hot pink with red or yellow undertones. The blue keeps the whites of your eyes looking bright. Pro tip: Use pink on the upper lash line only to avoid any red appearance on your lower lid. Pink makes green and blue eyes look more vivid.
- Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in Junkshow
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Paradise Pink
- Sephora Collection Colorful Waterproof Eyeliner in Love Song
Gold was seen at more than a few shows at New York Fashion Week. (My favorite was Altuzarra.) Gold is such a glamorous addition and makes an evening eye look extra special. If you have golden flecks in your eyes, gold liner can pick that up, making your eyes shine.
- Sephora Contour Eye Pencil 12HR Wear in Girls Night Out
- Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in El Dorado
- e.l.f. Liquid Eyeliner in Copper
Wearing an icy-white liner like I did here can make you look more tan and give your look a futuristically-cool vibe. Don't be afraid to go beyond white liner in the waterline. A crisp winged line on the top lash line looks ultra mod.
- NARS Larger Than Life Longwear Eyeliner in Santa Monica
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Yeyo
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Snow
Seafoam shades are spring-ready with their minty freshness and pastel contrast behind dark lashes. Try mint or teal at the inner corners only for a subtle green touch.
- NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Barrow Street
- Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Mint Julep
- Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Liner in Cabana Green
For more pro makeup tips from Ivy, go to Wake Up for Makeup.