Beautify Your Makeup Bag
1. Urban Decay Flushed Palette, $30
With this palette, you get three products for $30: There's a matte bronzer, champagne highlighter and universally-flattering rose toned blush.
2. Too Faced The Chocolate Bar Palette, $49
This palette smells like chocolate, comes with a yummy range of colors, and has adorable packaging to boot. Need I say more?
3. Sephora Tools of the Trade Brush Set, $62
Brushes are a worthwhile investment and if properly cared for, these will last for years. The brush roll (included) is great for travel and a really nice quality.
4. Obsessive Compulsive Lip Tars, $18
You will likely never finish a tube since you're going to use 1/4 pea size. You'll still have this tar when you get your next Sephora gift card.
5. Stila Artist Essential Set, $59
This is a jam-packed kit for $59. I love the quads of shadows Stila has put together, guiding you on which colors to pair with which. The crease brush is really nice, and I love the Convertible Color. The eyeliner is so soft and smudges beautifully, and the liquid lipstick wears forever and ever and ever.
6. Smashbox Full Exposure, $49
This is a great alternative to the Naked palette, which is sold out everywhere. This set has just as much range. I love that they have a whole row of matte shades plus the shimmery equivalents to them.
7. Too Faced Beauty Blogger Darlings, $20
This is a great way to try several of Too Faced's most popular products. You will fall in love with the Chocolate Soleil bronzer. (Don't say I didn't warn you.)
8. bareMinerals Beauty in Bloom Set, $36
A comprehensive, well-priced set of univerally-flattering shades. This set would be perfect for a girl just getting into makeup.
Beef Up Your Skincare
1. Algenist The Anti-Wrinkle Collection, $52
Algenist is a cool brand backed by biochemistry. And this price is an awesome deal for three of their best products. You won't regret it.
2. Sephora Super Nourishing Lip Balm, $5
Do yourself a favor and throw this in your basket. Dr. Oz mentioned this product once, so it's hard to keep on the Sephora shelves. It's a great, non-sticky, pleasantly-scented balm with no added color or waxy feeling on your lips.
3. Soap & Glory, Good Butter Best Trio, $15
One for home, one for the office and one for your car! All are yummy smelling and perfect for dry, chapped hands.
4. Nude Skincare Essential Skin Radiance Kit, $52
I'm obsessed with the Nude ProGenius oil and considering that the full size of costs $78, this is a really affordable way to try that plus sample their other fabulous products.
- Ask for samples. Not 10, but a few. Sephora is happy to make samples of any fragrance, skincare product, foundation, etc. This way, you'll leave with products you love and hopefully find a few new favorites along the way!
- If you're planning to spend $50 or more, schedule a custom makeover. You'll get a full face of makeup from skincare to brows. This is a great way to get new ideas, ask questions and learn new application techniques.
- If your Sephora is having an event for a product launch, go. The brands send little items to give away to clients who have a consultation.
- Cruise the sale section. There are some awesome holiday sets on clearance right now.
- Ask to be color matched with the revolutionary Color IQ device. You will be able to find out if you have more yellow or red undertones and get a host of foundation, BB and CC cream options.
For more makeup tips and tricks from Ivy, visit Wake Up for Makeup!