Radiant Orchid on your eyes will absolutely light up every eye color. For lips, radiant orchid is the perfect bold without being obnoxious or intimidating. Check out the video tutorial to see how I used Radiant Orchid:
Step-by-step directions to create Radiant Orchid eyes and lips:
- Sweep a matte, light brown shade into the crease.
- Press a champagne-toned pink shadow onto entire lid.
- Pat an orchid-toned shadow on the outer third of the eye.
- Use a blending brush to sweep the orchid shadow into the crease and toward the center of the lid.
- Line the upper lash line with a black pencil liner and smudge out.
- Line the lower lash line with a purple pencil liner and smudge out.
- Brighten up the inner corner of the eye with a pearly white shadow.
- Apply mascara to top and bottom lashes.
- Apply purple false lashes if desired.
- Apply a satin-finish orchid lipstick.
Some of my favorite products for recreating this Pantone color of the year 2014 look are:
L'Oreal Infallible 24 HR Eye Shadow in Glistening Garnet
Smashbox Photo Op Eye Shadow Trio in Autochrome
Urban Decay Fishnet
Buxom Full-Bodied Lipstick in Swinger
Buxom Full-On Lip Cream in Lavender Cosmo
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Hoochie
Maybelline ColorSensational Vivids Lip Color in Brazen Berry
Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Orchid Hush
For more makeup tips and tutorials, visit Ivy at Wake Up for Makeup.