Give your eyes a festive, holiday shimmer with this dramatic eye makeup. It's perfect for holiday parties, a special date night, or GNO.
1. To set the foundation for dramatic eye makeup, sweep a matte taupe shade like Urban Decay's Naked into your crease.
2. Next, press a champagne-tone pigment like Makeup Geek's Afterglow all over the lid.
3. Using a smudge brush, press a blackened golden olive color like Laura Mercier's Baked Eye Color Black Karat at the outer corner of the eyelid.
4. Now grab a blending brush, and soften the blackened olive tone, blending inward and slightly into the crease.
5. Smudge a rich, black shadow like Makeup Geek's Corrupt along the upper and lower lash lines for a soft, smokey, and sexy look.
6. Now for the best part! Line the inner rim of the lower lid with a metallic gold pencil liner. I love L'Oreal's Infallible Silkissime in Gold for this.
7. Apply a generous coat of mascara to top and bottom lashes.
8. Apply a set of false lashes because the holidays call for a little drama! Make sure to hold the lash strip up to your lid to measure first; then trim as needed.
Pair your golden green smokey eye with a peachy nude lip! Obsessive Compulsive Lip Tar in the Annika is a winner, winner, Christmas dinner!
For more makeup tips and tricks from Ivy, go to Wake Up for Makeup.