Whether you're full Irish or just wish you were, St. Patrick's Day is a celebration that everyone enjoys. Not only does the beer run green, but your eye makeup can, too! I've created this St. Patty's Day makeup tutorial that is actually super simple and affordable to create!
Many may not have a bold, green shadow lying around in their drawer, but that's where this old drugstore staple comes in handy. I discovered Wet n Wild Idol Eyes Creme Shadow Pencil in Envy a few St. Patrick's Days ago. It's cheap, plus it's the perfect shamrock shade! Here's how to get the look:
- As always, begin with a primed eyelid. Sweep a matte, warm brown or even a bronzer, into the crease of your eye. I am using Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer.
- Next, sketch your green cream shadow pencil at the inner and outer corners and along the lower lash line.
Wet n Wild Idol Eyes Creme Shadow Pencil in Envy is perfect.
- Use a synthetic shadow brush like Real Techniques Domed Shadow Brush to blend out the green softly.
- Press a rich gold shadow like Urban Decay Half Baked at the center and inner corner of the eye.
- Apply a little more cream shadow to the shadow brush to touch up the green.
- Use a gold glitter liquid eye liner like Sephora Glitter Eyeliner and Mascara in VIP Gold to highlight just the lower inner corner of the eye.
- Apply a generous coat of mascara to bottom and top lashes. I'm using the new Covergirl Flamed Out Mascara.
- Complete your look with peachy, not pink, cheeks and a nude pout.
Here's a video tutorial to show you all the steps:
For more fresh makeup ideas from Ivy, go to Wake Up for Makeup.