I know what you're thinking: Why would anyone wear makeup to the gym? Ain't nobody got time for that. Just hear me out. Maybe there's a hottie-bo-body in your spinning class, and you'd like to catch his eye. Maybe you notice that your confidence is higher with a smidge of makeup, and you can lift more. Maybe you're having a bad breakout and don't want to be in public, and a little makeup is just what you need to get out the door. Here's a tutorial that shows you how to do makeup for the gym. It takes no time at all, and you don't need a single brush.
- Apply a glowy tinted moisturizer like Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer for lightweight coverage, spf, and a head start on that cardio glow. We aren't going to set with powder since you'll be sweating. (Nothing looks like you tried more than a matte face.)
- Apply a brightening concealer like Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer to the under eye area, eye lids, and anywhere else you have darkness or imperfections. Brightening up the eye area will make you look well-rested and ready to go.
- If you normally fill in your brows, you may not feel like yourself without them plus they do frame your face. I suggest a powder like Anastasia Brow Powder Duo. It won't run or smudge.
- Apply a light coat of a waterproof mascara like Maybelline Lash Discovery to top lashes only. You can skip bottom lashes.
- A lip and cheek stain like Benefit's Posietint will stay on throughout your workout and bring some color into your face.
- Top your stain with a hydrating lip balm like Sephora Super Nourishing Lip Balm. When you're breathing heavily, your lips can dry out quickly so moisturized lips are a must.
- Refresh and set with a vitamin-infused setting spray like Urban Decay's B6 Complexion Spray.
For more makeup tips and tutorials visit Ivy at Wake Up for Makeup.