Of course drama is necessary for a fun New Year’s Eve look, so I’m using my Sephora Collection IT Palette to glam up.
If you’re unsure about what makeup colors to use for your New Year’s Eve look, this is a good bet. Using a gold or silver shimmer and pairing it with a black eyeshadow is a safe choice to go with any ensemble, but it’s still jazzy enough to wow the partygoers!
Check out the video tutorial below to create this look.
The products I used to create this look are:
- Sephora Collection IT Palette - Glitter
- NYX Jumbo Pencil in Jet Black
- Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner in Midnight Cowboy
- Eyeko Black Magic Mascara
- Dose of Colors false eyelashes in Show Stopper
- Make Up For Ever HD Foundation in 123
- MAC Prep + Prime Highlighting Pen in Bright Forecast
- Sigma Blush in Mellow
- LORAC Lips With Benefits gloss in Chuck
Step-by-step directions for a shimmer New Year's Eve eye makeup look:
- Begin by drawing a sideways “V” shape in your crease with the NYX Jumbo Pencil in Jet Black and blend out for a more smoky appearance.
- Apply the shimmery bronze/gold shade in the palette to your lids while they're wet for a more intense shine.
- Using the matte black eyeshadow in the palette, apply just to the outer corners of your crease over the black pencil.
- To eliminate any harsh lines, take the matte ivory shade and blend out the edges.
- Using the black eye pencil in the palette, just line your waterline at the outer corners of your lower lash line.
- Take your glitter liner—I used the Urban Decay Heavy Metal in Midnight Cowboy—and apply to the very inner part of your lower lash line and extend all the way across to the outer corner.
- Lashes are optional! Either apply several coats of volumizing mascara to both your top and bottom lashes, or opt for a set of dramatic falsies.
- Keep the cheeks and lips neutral for this look. Since the eyes are so dramatic, you don’t want the rest of your face competing. Keep the focus on those shimmery, glittery lids!