The fall season brings a lot of fun and exciting change—changes in the weather, sports, school, the leaves, and changes in our nail colors. This time of year we typically transition from neons and pastels to dark metallics and earth tones. Fall colors are so warm and comforting. I like to think that the dark colors distract from my fleeting summer tan.
This fall-colored polka dot design consists of three different dot sizes. You'll need large, medium and small dotting tools to recreate it.
The polishes you will need are:
- Base coat
- Top coat
Follow these step-by-step instructions to create the design:
1.File your nail to the desired shape and apply a clear base coat.
2. Paint your ring fingernail white and all your other fingernails brown.
3. Use your large dotting tool to make a white dot in midway up your pointer fingernail and over to one side. Clean off the tool and use it to make a brown dot in the middle of the tip of your white fingernail.
4. Use your medium dotting tool to make a half ring of red dots around the white polka dot on your pointer finger. Using the same medium dotting tool, outline the brown polka dot on your ring finger with medium yellow polka dots.
5. Use your small dotting tool to outline the red polka dots on your pointer fingernail with small white polka dots. On your ring fingernail, outline the yellow polka dots with small brown ones.
6. Use your medium dotting tool to outline the white polka dots on your pointer fingernail with medium yellow ones. On your ring fingernail, outline the brown polka dots with medium red ones.
7. Finish off with a clear top coat and that’s it!
For more nail art tutorials from Jocelyn visit Polishpedia.com