Pinterest and Instagram are full of ideas for Christmas nails this time of year. I've created this unique nail design, because holiday wreaths always seem to be an iconic part of the winter season. Here are the six steps you need to re-create this easy manicure that will not only leave you beaming with holiday spirit but will make your friends and family members jealous too. You'll need a beige base coat; glittery nail polish; nail polishes in dark green, light green, burgundy, white, and red; a dotting tool or brush, and a clear topcoat.
1. Start by painting a beige base coat, like the OPI Tiramisu polish, onto your nail,s and then accent one nail with a glittery polish—I used the OPI Ce-less-tial is More polish.
2. Using a dark green polish, like the OPI Don't Mess With OPI polish, and a dotting tool or brush, draw the outline for your wreath. The best way to start is by drawing a thin circle and then creating small dots on the circle to add texture that will look like a wreath.
3. Using the tip of your brush,add lighter shades of green dots to the wreath, and then use the same technique to add burgundy dots to the wreath. I used the Mavala polish Pistachio and the Barry M polish Sprint Finish for this step.
4. Using a white polish, like the Barry M polish in Cotton, and a brush, draw a bow at the bottom of your wreath. Start with two circles, and then paint two lines that branch off from the bottom of each pair of circles.
5. Paint over the white bows with a red polish, like the Barry M Dead Heat polish, which will help them stand out more—without a white base coat, the red polish may look too dark.
6. To complete your Christmas nails, add white dots around your wreath and finish with a topcoat to seal your design in place.
Voila! For more holiday nail art inspiration, check out my blog One Nail to Rule Them All.