I love nail art that is created using supplies everyone has in their home! Saran Wrap nail art is definitely one of the least complicated designs I have ever done. If you know how to crumple the clingy plastic wrap, you can surely complete this cute and funky design. I like how the nails have a funky marbled look to them once the topcoat is applied.
There are a couple key pointers to keep in mind while creating this nail art.
- Make sure your first color coat is completely dry before applying your second color.
- After applying your second color, immediately dab your Saran Wrap on the top of the nail.
- Dab the Saran Wrap very lightly on the polish so you don’t dent the bottom coat.
- Apply your topcoat while the second coat of color is still fairly wet.
- Don’t judge your design before the topcoat is applied because the topcoat finishes the look.
The polishes I used were China Glaze Shocking Pink and China Glaze Secret Peri-Wink-Le. If you use other colors, use this formula as your guide: Choose two opaque colors that contrast in brightness and mood. You can also add more pizzazz to this design by leaving a pink accent nail on your ring or pointer finger.
Watch my video below to see how to perfect this technique.
For more nail art tutorials by Jocelyn visit her at Polishpedia!