October is not only the beginning of this beautiful and festive fall season, it’s also a time to remember the ongoing struggle women face with breast cancer. It’s a time to remember those who have lost their battles with the disease and support those who are currently fighting it. I created this nail art design to support the fight against breast cancer and raise awareness about it.
I have a close friend who was diagnosed with breast cancer two weeks before her wedding. After the wedding she had a double mastectomy and a year after that she was pregnant with her first child. I am so grateful that she was able to recover and still be able to have a family afterwards. I dedicate this nail art to her and for how brave she was with her fight against breast cancer.
What You Need:
- Large and small dotting tools
- Top coat and base coat
- White polish
- Pink polish
- Thin nail art brush
1. Apply a clear base coat, then add two coats of white polish to your fingers, leaving the thumbs plain (you'll paint them pink later).
2. Dip the end of your large dotting tool into pink polish and create six pink dots on each nail—two in the middle and two on either side.
3. Dip your thin nail art brush in the pink polish and paint a V at the bottom of each pink polka dot.
4. Dip your small dotting tool in white polish and place a dot of white polish in the middle of each pink dot to make the ribbon loop.
5. Use the pink polish to paint your thumnails pink, then finish by applying a top coat to all of your fingers to protect the design.
Visit Polishpedia.com to find more nail art by Jocelyn.