We’re not sure if Betty White boosted sales for Snickers with her Super Bowl commercial, but don’t be surprised if the 89-year-old actress starts popping up in ads for everything from snack foods to life insurance.
According to a Reuters/Ipsos poll, the former Golden Girl is, well, golden in Americans' eyes, as she was voted the most popular and trustworthy celebrity, and the best star pick to endorse a brand, Reuters reports.
White narrowly beat out Denzel Washington and her The Proposal co-star Sandra Bullock in the poll. And this may shock you—but if you’re a company looking for a new pitch person, you should probably avoid Paris Hilton and Charlie Sheen, who were voted most likely to hurt a brand they endorse.
Execs at Abercrombie & Fitch had their money on Jersey Shore’s Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino as the celeb to avoid. But now, maybe they'll extend offers to Hilton and Sheen, too, to stop wearing their clothes.
Here’s the top 10 list of popular celebs:
- 1. Betty White (“favorable” rating from 86 percent of those polled)
- 2. Denzel Washington (85 percent)
- 3. Sandra Bullock (84 percent)
- 4. Clint Eastwood (83 percent)
- 5. Tom Hanks (81 percent)
- 6. Harrison Ford (80 percent)
- 7. Tie: Morgan Freeman, Kate Middleton (79 percent)
- 9. Will Smith (77 percent)
- 10. Johnny Depp (76 percent)
And the celebs regarded most unfavorably? In order, starting with the least popular: Paris Hilton, Charlie Sheen, Britney Spears, Kanye West, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Tiger Woods, Kim Kardashian, Mel Gibson, Donald Trump and LeBron James.
Don’t miss out on MORE great articles like this one. Click here to sign up for our weekly newsletter!