30 slices best-quality firm white sandwich bread
Best-quality mayonnaise for spreading
1 5-ounce can Easy Peel Sensations Sundried Tomato & Basil Seasoned Tuna Medley
About 1 bunch each of very fresh basil, flat-leaf parsley and dill
1. Very thinly spread one side of each bread slice with mayonnaise.
2. On 15 of the bread slices, spread about 1 scant tablespoon Easy Peel Sensations Sundried Tomato & Basil Seasoned Tuna Medley over the mayonnaise. (Do not be tempted to add too much, or it will ooze out of the sides when sliced into little sandwiches.)
3. On 1/3 of the bread slices, place several small basil leaves (no stems) in a single layer, to cover the tuna spread, but not overlapping. (If the basil leaves are large, hand tear them into smaller pieces and remove the stem and tough vein, if necessary.) Repeat with the parsley leaves (no stems) on the next 1/3 of the bread slices. Use the delicate dill fronds (no stems) on the remaining tuna-spread bread slices.
4. Top with the 15 remaining bread slices. Using a very sharp or serrated knife, remove the crusts from each sandwich. Now cut each sandwich into 9 neat (1-inch) squares. (The trimmings are the chef's treat.) The sandwiches can be prepared a few hours ahead, covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated. Bring back to room temperature before serving.
5. Just before serving, place a tiny, perfect fresh herb leaf or frond on top of each little sandwich square (each herb matching the filling, of course).
6. Arrange the tiny sandwiches on a serving plate and serve.
© Copyright 2006 FLAVOR PUBLICATIONS, INC.
Recipe developed by Joie Warner - award-winning, best-selling author of over 25 cookbooks. Visit her online at www.joiewarner.com