Fall tends to bring out a bit of nostalgia in me. As the leaves start to change and the temperatures drop, I’m reminded of Friday evenings spent at the football field cheering on our football team. Fall fashion has gone a bit sporty as well. Letterman jackets paired with more feminine accents are popping up all over, and after spotting blogger Blair from Atlantic-Pacific wearing this bright blue letterman sweatshirt, I knew I had found my next DIY inspiration!
For this personalized letterman sweatshirt DIY you’crew neck need:
- A crew neck sweatshirt
- 2 pieces of colored felt or iron-on fabric
- Computer printout or stencil of a letter of your choice
- Pencil or permanent marker
- Fabric glue (if using felt)
1. Trace the shape of your letter on your felt or iron-on fabric.
2. Cut out the letter; be careful of any small curves or cuts inside the letter.
3. Place the letter on the second piece of fabric. Spot or trace your desired border width from the letter’s edge all the way around the outside of the shape. If you're using a computer printout, you could also print out the letter in two sizes to make this process even easier.
4. Cut out the second shape.
5. Glue the two letters together if using felt and fabric glue. Then use the fabric glue to adhere the joined shapes in the top left corner on the front of the sweatshirt, right over your heart.
6. If you're using iron-on fabric, place the shapes in position, and, using the cotton setting on the iron, apply heat to both layers for about 30 seconds or until the letters are completely adhered.
Done! Now it’s time to rock your newest DIY creation.
Try styling your varsity sweatshirt with a pair of distressed boyfriend jeans and your trusty Converse. Dress it up with a sparkly necklace and a flirty full skirt. Try pairing it over a chambray top or classic button-up. Embellished sweatshirts are one of your most versatile layering options this fall!
Find more fashion inspiration from Samantha at The Brunette One.