There’s a huge variety of shorts to choose from this season, and I could not be more excited! The Bermuda short is back plus there’s the classic denim, playful prints, stripes, and comfy linen. After playing around with every style, I’d have to say, I’m a big fan of a great pair of striped shorts! Thick or thin, black-and-white or boldly colored, striped shorts are a great way to show off your sun kissed legs and get into the playful summer spirit.
The easiest way to wear striped shorts is to keep your top simple. Throw on either a basic tee, chambray button-up, or a lightweight sweater to keep your outfit from looking too busy. You can also dress them up or down with the right accessories. You can easily transition a pair of striped shorts from day to night by switching out your flat sandals and tote for a heels and a clutch. Who knew stripes could be so versatile?
Feeling daring? Stripes are the perfect base pattern to really mix up your outfit. There are an unlimited number of ways to style mix striped shorts. Here are a few tips to help you perfect your pairings:
- Combine a larger stripe with a smaller stripe.
- Offset stripes with a floral print.
- Cheetah really does go with everything. It's basically a neutral.
- Polka dots and stripes always work together.
- Double up on the same print. It looks super put together.
- Wear different stripes of the same color scheme. They will look made for each other!
1. Equipment Sloane Cashmere Sweater 2. Zoe Karssen Cotton and Modal-Blend T-Shirt 3. Miu Miu Matelasse Leather Clutch 4. Topshop Moto Red Stripe Denim Short 5. Cuyana Leather Tote 6. Zara leather sandal 7. Chloe D Frame Acetate Sunglasses 8. K Jacques St. Tropez Picon Leather Sandals
Get more fashion inspiration from Crystalin at In the City With Crystalin!