A great way to enhance the look and energy efficiency of your home is through your window treatments. We have Bali Natural Shades and Wood Blinds in our house and we love them, not only because they are beautiful but also because the manufacturer is committed to the making the blinds in an environmentally friendly way. Bali employs practices such as:
- Using North American hardwoods harvested through “sustainable yield forest management”
- Sourcing and processing blinds domestically to save energy needed for transportation
- “Waste to energy” processing, where none of the raw material is wasted
- Giving excess sawdust to local farmers to help them aerate their soil
- Using components and packaging that 100% recyclable
In celebration of Earth Day, Bali is collaborating with Arbor Day Foundation and purchases will help plant new trees at www.greenbaliblinds.com.