1. On a flat surface, bring leg to a 120-degree angle and tilt inward to stretch IT band.
2. Anchor “I” strip without stretch on the outside of the thigh. Apply tape with medium stretch over the point of pain, which should be just outside the kneecap. Place the other end down without stretch.
3. Cut a second strip in half creating two 5-inch “I” strips. Taking the first 5-inch piece, fully stretch the middle section of the tape over the outside of the kneecap, making sure to apply the ends (with no stretch) directly to skin, not on top of the other piece of tape.
4. Take the second 5-inch strip and fully stretch the middle section of the tape diagonally to form an “X” over the point of pain. Again, make sure to apply the ends (with no stretch) directly to skin, not over previous pieces of tape.
5. Rub the tape with a piece of the paper backing to activate adhesive.