It’s easy to fall into the family trap, where kids are number one, and most of your energy is directed at taking care of your children and keeping family harmony. Did you know that the best family harmony comes from when the mother and father still share a fondness for one other the way they did when they were first dating?
Yes, it takes time, effort and a little bit of planning to rekindle the ol’ spark. Moms and dads need to take time away from the kids and reconnect. At first it may feel like you’re just going through the motions, but once you get out and realize that your on a real date again, you’ll truly have a wonderful time.
Here are some tips on how to jump start a date night:
1. Hire a sitter, friend or family member to watch the kids.
2. Prepare your children in advance that mommy and daddy will be going out because all moms and dads need alone time.
3. Don’t just see a movie where you both sit silently in the dark, go to nice dinner and pamper yourselves.
4. Bring a list of things that you’ve been wanting to converse about but never have time for.
5. Try to set a regular date at least once a month.
So what are you waiting for? Pick up the phone and make reservations at your favorite restaurant, because a happy couple makes happy parents.