Women who are counselors and food preparers may make a tiny bit more than guys, but when it comes to the workplace overall, it’s still a man’s world.
Forbes.com reports that more than 97 percent of the CEOs of the biggest U.S. companies are men, and there’s still a big ole gap in wages, with women earning just 80 percent of what men make. Using weekly pay data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the site came up with the 10 most sexist jobs in America:
- 1. Personal finance advisers
- 2. Securities, commodities and financial services sales agents
- 3. Retail salespeople
- 4. Property, real estate and community association managers
- 5. Marketing and sales managers
- 6. Financial managers
- 7. Insurance sales agents
- 8. Supervisors of housekeeping and janitorial workers
- 9. Real estate brokers
- 10. Truck drivers
Now, the real question: How do we close the gender pay gap? Experts tell Forbes.com that women should find out what they should be earning and not be afraid to ask for it. Because we’ve come a long way, baby, but not nearly far enough.
Don’t miss out on MORE great articles like this one. Click here to sign up for our weekly newsletter!