I love to decorate my home with live flowers during the holidays. They bring a warmth and beauty that is difficult to replicate with faux garland and wreaths. From bright amaryllis to fragrant rosemary, there is a wide variety of choices at hand. Decorate your own home or give them as a gift. Either way, you are spreading holiday cheer!
Holiday Floral Tips
- Choose live plants instead of cut flowers. They last a lot longer and require little maintenance.
- Think of the aroma as well as the visual beauty. Smell is intricately linked to memory and scents such as pine, rosemary, and cinnamon are big favorites. I love this Rosemary and Bay Leaf wreath from Organic Bouquet.
- Go eco-friendly with items that can be planted in your yard once the holidays are over or that are sustainably farmed. It’s a win-win.
- Choosing one color (red, white, pink) to use throughout the home, has a lot more design impact than a variety of colors.
- Choose some other accessories (pillows, throws, decorative objects) in the same color to tie it all in.
Amaryllis Photo Courtesy of Jackson & Perkins