Do you want to save money and time? Make the most of your marketing efforts? The Power of Ten is about taking the concepts of repurposing and leveraging “to the max”. It allows you to innovate and discover new possibilities for any marketing you already have in place. Here’s how it works:
Make a list of the most recent ten marketing items you’ve created or paid to have created. If you don’t have any materials, you can simply list the pieces you plan on creating.
Now pick one. It could be an article, ad, poster, anything you have used recently as a marketing tool. Take a fresh look at it. Brainstorm and free write until you find at least ten different ways to use that piece. You can do this with as many pieces as you want, but for now start with just one.
It’s amazing how much time, effort and money you can save using The Power of Ten.
Below is an example using The Power of Ten with this very article. Even a very short piece, such as this, can benefit from The Power of Ten. Here are some ways I can use this tip:
1) It’s part of a new marketing program I’m creating that may be called Marketing Full Circle.
2) It’s on my blog.
3) I can tweet it (knowing that it will show up on LinkedIn and many other sites which display tweets).
4) I can go over to LinkedIn and post it to a group.
5) I can it to my ezine subscribers.
6) I will send it to my clients.
7) If it is a longer article, I can try submitting it to an Article Bank, or two, or three.
It started out as part of an answer on Focus.com
9) Eventually it will be part of an eBook on marketing tips.
10) I mention the concept often at speaking engagements.
What would you add to the list? How about your own? Give it a try and comment below.