You only need three products to create this look and since it’s such a statement lip, you can go easy on the eye makeup! Follow these steps and watch my video below to see how achieve this look!
- Prep your lips by using a reverse lip liner technique. Outline the perimeter of your lips with a nude pencil like NYX Cosmetics Wonder Pencil. This will prevent dark colors from bleeding.
- Next, carefully begin to outline lips using a deep plum lip liner like Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip in 12C. It helps to make a heart shape to begin and fill in from there.
- Now fill in the entire mouth with the same lip liner using the side of the pencil and moving in short strokes. Blend it with your finger.
- Next, take a deep, oxblood red lipstick like Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Red Velvet and pat it onto your lips.
- Use your finger to blend so that the purple liner to deep red lipstick color is a seamless ombre-like transition.
- Go back with your liner to refine and sharpen any lines.
- Pair with soft, brown eye makeup for a dramatic, yet daytime appropriate look.
Get more makeup tips from Ivy at Wake Up for Makeup!