I bought the Stila In The Know palette because I found it to be one of the best all-matte palettes out there, but I was also strongly motivated by the color Fire. I was both intimidated and intrigued by the shade and I knew it would challenge me. When blended with the matte black, the effect is almost bonfire-like.
The products I used to create this look are:
- Buxom Hold The Line Waterproof Eyeliner in Call Me
- Stila In The Know Palette
- Urban Decay Naked2 Palette
- They’re Real Mascara
Follow these steps to create this orange eye shadow look.
- Begin with a primed eyelid.
- Line your inner rim with black liner.
- Line the upper lid with black liner, smudging with a pencil brush. Tip: When smudging waterproof eyeliner, do so immediately after applying or it will dry and set to its waterproof finish and be immovable.
- Smudge the black liner into the outer corner of eye, bringing it slightly into your crease.
- Apply a soft rosy brown to the middle of your lid.
- Apply a shimmery ivory shade to your inner eye corner only with a small brush.
- Using a fluffy crease brush, apply a matte orange shadow in your crease, working in small circular and windshield wiper motions.
- Apply matte black shadow onto the outer third of your eye, immediately blending inward with a fluffy blending brush.
- Touch up the orange shadow in your crease. Its intensity may have been dulled down a bit by the black shadow.
- Reapply eyeliner and smudge.
- Apply mascara.
- Complete your look with peachy nude lips or something minimal. Your eyes should definitely be the focal point of this look.
Check out my video tutorial to see exactly how I did it!
For more makeup tips from Ivy visit Wake Up For Makeup.