DIY inspiration strikes when you least expect it. A few months ago I came across this feather peplum top on Blair from Atlantic Pacific. Upon first glance, I knew I could create something similar for a fraction of the price. (I made mine for $30!) This shirt is something magical and so detailed that once you put it on, you cannot help but feel a sense of glamour and sophistication.
Spring trends have forcasted fringe to be a top trend, and with this look you will be ahead of the curve. Complete your outfit with a pair of glitzy earrings or a jeweled statement necklace, add a pair of leather pants and killer heels for a night on the town! If leather is not your thing, pair your feathered top under a jacket or with a pencil skirt.
Gather your supplies. You'll need:
- Peplum Top
- Feather Trim (at least 3 packages)
- Hot Glue
- Scissors (not pictured)
Here's how to make this pretty top:
- Measure the width of the feather trim against the top seam where the peplum begins. Cut trim to fit width.
- Add a strip of hot glue along the length of the trim, adhere to top.
- Measure one inch to an inch and half down from the first piece of trim, repeat steps 1-2.
- Continue with steps 1-3 to completely cover the remaining front fabric.
Note: Feathers might fall during the creation or wear of this DIY top. If you find yourself with bare spots, you can fill in with extra trim.
Find more fashion and inspiration from Samantha at The Brunette One.