As a hairstylist I'm always looking for fun ways to incorporate braids into my hair. There is no better way to add a little interest in a bun than combining a braid in the mix! Today I'm sharing an adorable way to add a little flair to your bun by incorporating a rope braid. Here's how to do it:
1. Start with clean or dirty, dry hair.
2. Comb the hair up towards the crown, creating a ponytail and secure with an elastic.
3. Divide the hair into two sections.
4. Take the section on your right side, and gently twist hair to the right. Hold onto the right while repeating this step on the left section, twisting to the left.
5. Now take your right section up and over to your left side. The section that you started on the left should be on the right at this point. You now want to take the right section, twist to the right and take section up and over the left section.
6. Repeat this technique until you have no more hair left and secure your ends with an elastic.
7. Gently massage the hair in your rope braid to create more bulk in the braid.
8. Take the rope braid and twist it around the ponytail securing it with an elastic. To complete this look, use a medium hold hairspray and get ready to impress all of your friends.
For more styles and inspiration from Jenny, check out Confessions of a Hairstylist.