Add a little romance to any look with this half-up lace braid hairstyle. It's just as easy as a French braid—arguably even easier—but is sure to impress your friends and coworkers. So, if you are feeling uninspired in the hair department, this half-updo is a great option. Follow these steps to achieve the look.
1. Pick up three strands of hair.
2. Cross the lower strand over the middle one.
3. Cross the upper strand over the middle one and the lower strand over the middle strand again, but don´t add any hair to it.
4. Add some hair to the upper strand, and cross it over the middle strand.
5. Continue like this all the way across the head to the other side, adding hair only to the upper strands.
6. When you reach the other side of the head and it´s time to turn the braid around, braid a few times without adding hair; then start to braid in the opposite direction.
7. Again adding hair only to the upper strands, continue braiding all the way across the head in the opposite direction.
8. When you reach the starting point of the braid, stop to incorporate some hair and then braid a normal three-strand braid. Secure it with a small elastic the same color as your hair.
For more hair tutorials like this, visit Ulrika at Yet Another Beauty Site!