You've probably seen a five-strand braid before, but you've never seen one like those on the Marissa Webb 2015 NYFW spring/summer show. She paired loose, messy braids with geometric and structured clothing; and we loved it! Her runway looks made us want to give it a try, and now you can too. So, if you've mastered the three- and four-strand braids, check out this simple hair-weaving tutorial.
1. Create a deep side part on whichever side of your head you prefer, and then tease your hair at the crown for extra volume.
2. Divide your hair into five equal strands at the nape of your neck. From left to right, these will be strands 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
3. Weave strand 5 over strand 4 and under strand 3. The sequence should now be strands 1, 2, 5, 3, and 4.
4. Next, weave strand 1 over strand 2 and under strand 5. The sequence should now be strands 2, 5, 1, 3, and 4.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until braid is complete. Fasten with an elastic.
6. Loosen braid by gently pulling it apart. For a softer look, leave some airy wisps to frame your face. Finally, finish with a medium-hold hair spray.