Only a fraction of Fortune 500 CEOs are women, but there’s still a mighty female force at work in the business world.
Fortune’s annual list of the 50 Most Powerful Women in Business is out, ranking leaders by criteria that include the size and importance of the woman’s business in the global economy, the business’s health, the path of the woman’s career and influence on society and culture.
Here are the top five:
- 1. Ginni Rometty, 55, IBM president and CEO
- 2. Indra Nooyi, 56, PepsiCo chairman and CEO
- 3. Meg Whitman, 56, Hewlett-Packard president and CEO
- 4. Irene Rosenfeld, 59, Kraft Foods chairman and CEO
- 5. Ellen Kullman, 56, DuPont chair of the board and CEO
Don’t miss out on MORE great articles like this one. Click here to sign up for our weekly newsletter!