It’s time to say goodbye to the hardships of last year and make the New Year a marketing marvel. Many businesses felt the burden of 2010, causing marketing budgets to fade. To start 2011 off right, here are seven marketing tips to gain the upper hand.
- Form relationships with other local businesses that cater to your customers. Offer a cross promotion if the customers mention coming from their store to yours.
- Engage your customers through social media. Make it a two-way street by actively communicating with your customers.
- Produce videos about your product or service, and share them with your audience through different online methods.
- Convey a targeted message and align it with your branding. Be consistent and use it properly.
- Get your website to work for you so it looks professional and increases SEO.
- Know and monitor your competition. Establish your competitive advantage.
- Have a marketing plan to guide the way. Every business needs a road map—use your marketing plan to steer you in the right direction.